Sport News & Features

College sport leagues see tense finish

COLLEGE SPORT CAME back with a bang this term, with a host of surprises and close contests in store for…

Students conquer Athens marathon

THE MOST AUTHENTIC sporting event on earth: the marathon. Legend has it that in 490bc, after the ‘Battle of Marathon’,…

New app to revolutionise college sport at York

ARE YOU A fan of college sport? Ever wondered where you can find a league table, or doubted their existence?…

Fresher’s Fitness – Part 1

York’s cycling star James McKay recommends the best foods to improve training. The joys of doing your own shopping might…

Tory MP under fire for ‘part time job’ as Champions League Ref

The world of football and politics rarely collide…but earlier last week, a Conservative MP triggered controversy in the Commons by…

Darts club at York takes progressive step to make Darts accessible for all

In a bid to make Darts more accessible, inclusive and integrated for all, the University of York’s Darts Club recently…

Behind the scenes at the 2017 IAAF World Championships

This summer, I had the privilege of volunteering at the world athletics championships in London, serving on the anti-doping team…

Nouse Tries… Skydiving

“It’ll be your coming of age.” The words my stepmum uttered to me as it was revealed to me on…

Beevor reinstills confidence in York Sport

With the end of the year drawing to a close, Isaac Beevor’s role as York Sport President will also be…

Loz looking forward to a promising year

Laura Carruthers is the incoming York Sport President, taking over the mantle from Isaac Beevor. Her manifesto was encouraging and…

Roses Preview 2017

This year’s Roses shows York hoping to regain the title from Lancaster University who took the cup last year. With…

UYSWC v Cancer swim raises £1500

The Swimming and Water Polo club held a 12 hour charity swim on Friday, raising over £1500 for Target…