We are approaching Halloween and everyone is preparing for a spooky night. However, the most exciting part of Halloween is the decoration – a pumpkin should not be missing there.
But the question that arises every year is: “What am I going to cook with the pumpkin gut leftovers?” I have a delicious solution which is very quick and easy to make. These tasty pumpkin-cheese patties are perfect for the day after your Halloween night, when everything else seems to involve a bit too much effort.
What you will need:
– 1kg Pumpkin
– Salt, Pepper
– 4-6 tablespoons of flour
– 250g of Feta
– 3 eggs
– 1⁄2 bunch of fresh dill
– Olive Oil
– 2 tablespoons of chopped pumpkin seeds
What to do:
– Separate the pumpkin seeds from the rest of the pumpkin gut.
– Place the pumpkin gut in a sieve and salt it slightly. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
– Squeeze the pumpkin-salt mix well to get rid of all the water and put it into a bowl.
– Spread flour over the mix.
– Roughly divide and add the feta, the whisked eggs and chopped dill to the bowl. Mix it all together.
– Put oil into a pan, place one spoon of the mixture into the pan and fry it until it is golden brown on both sides.
– Lastly, add some of the pumpkin seeds on top.