The Hotlist: April Edition

What’s hot in Fashion-land this April, hand-picked by

Need some dissertation distraction, or something to simply cheer you up? In the absence of spring sunshine, Rachel Thompson brings you her April hotlist of sartorial news and trends to give you your dose of fashion vitamin D.

Craig_V_27Mar13_pr_1280_426x639

Fashion, art and photography all rolled into one. Louis Vuitton is to stage a Vogue Festival Photography Exhibition. The iconic fashion house will host a Tom Craig and Bay Garnett photography exhibition in association with the Vogue Festival next month. All Four Corners – held at the label’s Bond Street store private apartment – will showcase a collection of beautiful imagery taken for Vogue, starring a mixture of actresses and models – from Rachel Weisz to Stella Tennant. There will also be tours guided by photographer Craig himself on the Friday April 26th, offering stories behind each picture, places are on a first come first served, if you’re quick I’ll see you there. (tickets [email protected])

1364488060-vogue tshirts

This may be a little way off, but it was announced this week that the hotly anticipated ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ will this year be held in Manchester instead of London. The annual shopping extravaganza will take place on Thursday October 10, bringing together the finest of the city’s shops, restaurants, galleries and museums. Selfridges and Harvey Nichols have already confirmed that they will participate in the popular event. The action will be largely based in the city’s Exchange Square, as Vogue celebrates Manchester’s spirit of enterprise and imagination. “The mission of Fashion’s Night Out is to bring retailers and shoppers together for a joyous celebration of fashion” and where better to do this than in the heart of the once vibrant textiles industry, Manchester’s importance to fashion is unquestionable. “Manchester is known for its strong sense of style and we are pleased that Vogue recognises our vibrant city as a natural home for this prestigious event,” said Manchester City Council spokesperson councillor Pat Karney. Manchester is only a 75 minute train journey from York and will be a fabulous night of fashion indulgence; definitely one to put in the diary.

Fashion-Mary-Katrantzou-Current-Elliott-3

Mary Katrantzou’s collection with Current/Elliott has been revealed on my-wardrobe. This hotly-anticipated collaboration launched over the Easter weekend and comprises jeans, dresses, shorts and tops. The aesthetic for the collection was inspired by Katrantzou’s spring/summer 2013 collection that depicted postage stamps and bank notes. Current/Elliott, under Azria’s direction, has become a go-to for its wide range of flattering fits, washes and vintage American appeal. “The unexpected mix of art-house prints on denim makes the collection wearable and undeniably urban with a cool edge.” My favourite item in the collaboration has to be the Apollo dress. Hurry this collection is sure to be a sell-out success.

cara-delevingne

What’s hot in the fashion world right now? Well in the beauty department it seems to be the Batwing eye. This make-up trend has been dubbed the new smoky eye. All you have to do to channel the ultimate Brigitte Bardot by-way-of Cara Delavigne’s style.com cover, is fill the lid with black powder, then sweep up into a flick.