Ones to watch

Magazine: Vogue
Trend: Thigh High Boots
Designer: Charlie Le Mindu
Website: Browns Fashion

Magazine: Vogue

This month Vogue published its ‘More Dash than Cash’ special, with handfuls of helpful tips and ideas to save you money whilst still looking great. One of our favourites included gold plating high street jewellery from only £10 at City Gold Plating, EC1, to give it longevity and class. The Vogue girls also told us about katekanzier.com, featuring shoes that cause a stir every season in the Vogue office for only £15 they are a steal. My favourite at the moment are the loafers, £35.

voguegeorgia

Trend: Thigh High Boots

Forget last years ankle boot, this year’s must have footwear is the thigh high. Spotted on the catwalks of Prada, Hermès, McQueen and Chloé, a mixture of flat, wedge and stiletto, any type will do as long as it is over the knee. Madonna and Beckham have both recently sported a pair, emphasising these boots are not easy to wear but are essential for the fashion-adventurous. Steer clear of the over embellished, daring varieties such as the lace up Louboutin pair or the Chloe waders and go for simple, balck and earthy colours, preferably flat. Wear with skinny jeans or a sweater dress.

waders

Designer: Charlie Le Mindu

Wig designer Charlie Le Mindu caused a stir at London Fashion Week this season, sending wacky, avant-garde hair down the catwalk for his Spring/Summer 2010 collection. This was the celebrity hair stylist’s and wig maker’s second appearance on the London catwalk, having created elaborate wigs in giant lip shapes, upside down triangles, blonde dreadlocked masks and even one in the shape of the Eiffel Tower! All were outlandish enough to make Lady GaGa jealous. This years collection was called ‘Girls of Paradise’, which saw the models clad in latex body suits, both black and nude in colour, strut down the catwalk in the painstakingly elaborate headpieces, reminiscent of exotic animals.

charliemindu

Website: Browns Fashion

Designer boutique Brownsfashion.com is the next to join the online discount bandwagon with their outlet site, Labels for Less. Browns Fashion is a high end London Boutique featuring designer favourites such as Lanvin, YSL and Margiela, but also good for sourcing less commercial designers such as House of Holland, Surface to Air and Acne in their Browns Focus store. Discounted prices start at just £25, and with cuts of 70 percent, we might be able to afford a few more iconic, designer pieces.

browns