Painting the town white

There is an irrefutable buzz that has begun to spread through Nouse. No doubt some of that is due to our dedicated team of hacks, writers and editors starting to produce the first edition for almost two months. However, much of the anticipation is also coming from the chance to be part of the Roses weekend.

No longer will you have to wait until Tuesday afternoon to read about which York archery club member unexpectedly shot an arrow into the eye of an opposing Lancaster rugby player, or who scored the winning goal in the penultimate Hockey match to clinch the Roses title. For Nouse is on a mission into the mysterious world of real-time web journalism, with live commentary, match reports and the latest photos to suit your sporting needs.

Expect the best coverage of any Roses to date. Content promises to include exclusive web blogs from both sides of the battleground as current AU Presidents Tom Moore and Dave Greenshields share their thoughts on matches, contention and stress as the weekend progresses. Also, for the first time in the university’s media history we will be providing live text commentary at every stage of the weekend as we round-up the most recent happenings from all the games, share your views as they come in and analyse the latest controversies. Meanwhile, our dedicated team of sports journalists will be offering up to 100 match reports across the three days to ensure you never miss a moment.

Our homepage is to be transformed into an assortment of blogs, post-match reactions, photos and more. And if that is not enough for your sporting urges then our special 12-page souvenir pull-out on Tuesday will undoubtedly prove to be a worthwhile gander. Expect our assortment of features to engage and interest, as we uncover what it’s like to be in the opposing dressing room and we talk to the famous alumni who will be playing in the football 5-a-side match about life after York. Additionally you can read full match-reports from the key matches, comment and analysis from our columnist Toby Green and post-tournament reactions from both Tom Moore and Dave Greenshields.

So if that dissertation is dragging you down on Roses weekend and you find yourself locked up in the library don’t panic, Nouse is here.

1. 4 May ’07 at 7:10 pm

Jacqui Whitehead

WELL DONE TO THE EDITORIAL NEWS TEAM, ITS NICE TO BE ABLE TO READ NOUSE WHEN IT IS PUBLISHED AND NOT TO HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL DAN COMES HOME IN THE HOLIDAYS!!

Report

2. 6 May ’07 at 11:04 am

Jacqui Whitehead

TELL YOUR INTREPID REPORTER DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE TO GET SOME SUNBLOK ON!

Report

3. 21 Sep ’07 at 3:39 am

Marianne McMillan

Hi Nouse,
    I used to check in on your website just to get another angle on our wierd world, but have been Up Over (Switzerland to be exact) all ‘summer’ and haven’t been fiddling in cyberspace for a while. ARE YOU STILL out there or do I look for another ‘aware and alarmed’ website to troll on the other side of the planet? Please send a sign of life, or I will ditch and roam. TA! OZLOL (= l’il ole lady in my speak) in Oz (= Australia)

Report