Enough of what our writers and editors have to say, we sent reporters to find out what York students think of today’s issues
1. Do you think the new Ftr buses are an improvement?
2. Do you feel you benefit from NUS membership?
3. How do you feel about the AUT strikes continuing?
4. What do you think about the bar closures?
Name: Laurence Roach
Year: 2nd Year
1. No. They are too big. They’re not going to be able to solve the congestion problems. And you need the right change and that’s a money-grabbing idea.
2. I suppose it’s a good thing to have an NUS card.
3. It’s unfair for the people who are affected by it.
4. That’s crap for the first years as all you do as a first year is sit in the bars.
Name: Jamie Tyler
Course: Applied Social Science Crime
Year: 1st Year
1. They’re a lot worse. The system doesn’t work
2. You get the discounts I guess. I can’t really think of anythng else that you gain from it.
3. It’s not cool, I don’t like it. I thin there’s better things to than strike.
4. Definite no go. If they have to go ahead with the closures they should close a few of the bars completely and keep the rest open all the time.
Name: Nathalie Dalton
Year: 1st Year
1. Yes, they’re a lot better. There’s more space, more seats, and they’re a lot more attractive.
2. I find it very beneficial. The card is useful for getting discounts in bars and restaurants.
3. I think it’s diabolical that people aren’t going to be able to graduate just because of them.
4. It’s unfair. If students want to be able to go to bars around uni they should be able to. That’s part of uni life.