Sport News & Features

Nouse Tries… Skydiving

“It’ll be your coming of age.” The words my stepmum uttered to me as it was revealed to me on…

Beevor reinstills confidence in York Sport

With the end of the year drawing to a close, Isaac Beevor’s role as York Sport President will also be…

Loz looking forward to a promising year

Laura Carruthers is the incoming York Sport President, taking over the mantle from Isaac Beevor. Her manifesto was encouraging and…

Roses Preview 2017

This year’s Roses shows York hoping to regain the title from Lancaster University who took the cup last year. With…

UYSWC v Cancer swim raises £1500

The Swimming and Water Polo club held a 12 hour charity swim on Friday, raising over £1500 for Target…

Comedy of errors sinks York’s rowers

AFTER UNFORTUNATE circumstances Tyneside, York’s eights men’s rowing team witnessed a comical series of errors to see them finish…

Nouse tries… Gymnastics

Just how exactly I found myself mid-way through a front flip completely upside down, suspended above a mat, reassured only…

Durham’s best prove too much for Derwent and Hes East in Varsity rugby

Collingwood fight off Derwent comeback, while Heslington East give Hatfield a scare

Goodricke fall short in Hockey B match

St. Cuthbert’s seal the deal last minute, defeating Goodricke 2-0

Derwent and Langwith footballers open Varsity

College Varsity 2017 began with two Women’s football matches in front of an impassioned visiting crowd, although neither team from York were able to get the win

Valiant volleyball miss out on promotion

York lose 3-1 in penultimate game of season, but captain Fisher proud of his team’s performance

YSJ defeat James, new Varsity a success

York St John were defeated James College 18-10 last week in the new Varisty tournament