Sport News & Features

White Rose Trophy 2016

UYCC’s George Dabby talks to Anna Coughlan about the yearly grudge match between the University of York and York St. John

Rugby Sevens

Some colleges definitely took Rugby Sevens more seriously than others, with Hes East winning unexpectedly overall. They faced a close…

YuCycle returns

Following the roaring success of last year’s YuCycle including 200 participants, this year there is a greater desire for it…

UYBC receive special mention

At the most recent British Rowing Council in February, York’s Rowing Club received a special mention. They were highly commended…

York Active for exams

Sports President Grace Clarke and Community and Wellbeing Officer Scott Dawson have recently advertised their series of exam de-stress events…

Dame Kelly Holmes comes to York

Double GB gold medallist Dame Kelly Holmes recently visited York to officially open the University of York Athletics Track. She…

Ransley: “Gold is the focal point”

Former University of York student Tom Ransley tells Tom Harle of his plans to storm the summer Olympics

Parsons’ success: Sportswoman of the Year

Professional discus thrower and University of York athlete Sarah Parsons discusses her awards and balancing work and sport

Leicester’s rise met with Villa’s demise

It’s been a tumultuous season in football with noteworthy results at both the top and the bottom of the table

Teammates with YUWake’s James Hall

Name: James Hall Role: Trip Organiser Year: 1st Course: History The best car. Dom and his VW Caddy, who…

Roses 2016 Preview: Swimming & Water Polo

UYSWC will be hoping for a super Saturday in the pool as they fight it out for 16 Roses points

Roses 2016 Preview: Futsal

This is the first Roses in which the futsal fixture will count for points, and expect York to collect them