Lee Nelson to headline Comedy Night 2018

Matt Richardson and Sophie Duker join Lee Nelson as supporting acts

Lee Nelson, a character of comedian Simon Brodkin [Image: Universal Pictures UK]

Nouse can exclusively reveal that this year’s Comedy Night is set to be headlined by Lee Nelson, who last year handed Theresa May a P45 at the Conservative Party conference. Former Xtra Factor host Matt Richardson and Sophie Duker join Nelson as supporting acts.

Comedy Night, to be held at the end of Freshers’ Week on Sunday 30 September, is taking place in Central Hall from 7:00 – 10:00. Headliner Lee Nelson, who has featured in BBC Three programmes such as Lee Nelson’s Well Good Show and Lee Nelson’s Well Funny People, is a character by comedian Simon Brodkin.

Matt Richardson [Image: glastocabaret]

Alongside making headlines at last year’s Conservative Party conference as mentioned above, Brodkin also hijacked the opening of Donald Trump’s Turnberry golf course in 2016 by giving out Nazi golf balls during Trump’s speech, and was arrested when he gatecrashed a 2015 FIFA press conference during the FIFA corruption scandal  in character as Jason Bent and threw $600 worth of dollar bills at Sepp Blatter, claiming that it was a bribe from North Korea to host the 2026 World Cup.

Sophie Duker [Image: Comedy Central UK]

Richardson, a regular on the TV comedy panel show circuit and who began his career performing stand-up at just 18, won Best New Show at the 2012 Leicester Comedy Festival, and has been described by the Guardian as ‘high wattage charisma from a talented young comic whose star is on the rise.’ Duker is the founder and host of Manic Pixie Dream Girls, an international feminist comedy show that played at the 2016 and 2017 Edinburgh Fringe, and has been shortlisted for a BBC New Comedy Award.

Tickets for Comedy Night cost £10 and can be purchased from the YUSU website.