Festivals 2017: Bestival – Preview

Dust off your fancy dress and grab your glitter, the highlight of the festival season is near

For the very first time, the famously fancy-dress friendly Bestival is packing up its Isle of Wight site and moving to Dorset for another shining year of stellar music for its 50,000 attendees. One of the later festivals of the season, Bestival 2017 is set to be hosted on Lulworth Estate, Dorset from 7th-10th September. With glitter, sun and good music guaranteed to be in abundance, a ticket to this festival is sure to be the perfect end to the summer.

PHOTO: Victor Frankowski @ Bestival 2016

The Castle Stage is to be graced by The XX, A Tribe Called Quest and The Pet Shop Boys across the weekend, with Annie Mac headlining the Temple. Fresh off the released of their third album I See You, The XX are sure to deliver a dreamy and ethereal set perfect for those golden summer evenings. Then, you’ll get to experience hip-hop legends A Tribe Called Quest in the flesh who last year released their first album in 18 years. Finally, you can dance the night away to 80s legends The Pet Shop Boys and make your mum jealous. Such a leap in genres promises a one-of-a-kind weekend that will have something for every music taste.

Elsewhere on the line-up, you’ll find plenty of gems including phenomenal newcomer Rag’N’Bone Man still fresh off his number one album. BBC Sound Of 2017 Winner Ray BLK is also set to play, as well as runner up Nadia Rose. You’d be a fool to miss the one-and-only Jamie T on The Box Stage, as well as the fantastic Twin Atlantic and Charlotte Church (playing with her 10 piece pop dungeon band). Newbies Honeyblood (think Haim/Frankie Rose) and Black Foxxes (very Kerrang/Rocksound) are also two to catch before they hit the big time, as they play the Invaders Of The Future stage.

Festivals aren’t just about the music, however, and Bestival has plenty to do otherwise. The Ambient Forest boasts paint parties and various crafty activities whilst the Slow Motion area promises yoga, relaxing hot tubs, spin clubs and much more to heal your body and soul. There is even set to be an inflatable Happy Kanye bouncy castle designed to spread positivity and togetherness across the festival (or so we are told). And, don’t forget, the surreal fairy tale vibe and strict dress code (fancy dress is considered compulsory) mean the whole place oozes an otherworldly feel.

Weekend tickets are available for £196 inc. booking fee, or £186 if you’re a student! Buy them here