Campus clinic overhauls appointments to fit more in

Unity Health launches online consultation service

Health Centre Unity health has made changes to its services due to feedback from patients.

All appointments are now made by an online consultation system. A team of nurses can provide advice about specific problems and conditions, and also about what some symptoms may suggest, following the submission of information by the patient.

After such consultations patients can also request face-to-face appointments by completing another form. Nurses will then give patients with more urgent needs a same day appointment.

Louise, a third year Maths student, was pleased with the changes, as she explained in a statement to Nouse: “For students that live off campus it’s now going to be so much easier to check your symptoms online, rather than going to Unity Health and queueing up for a same day appointment. However, face to face advice can give more clarity on your symptoms.”

Krishini, a student in Vanbrugh College, was less satisfied, commenting on her experience of using the new appointment system: “When I tried to get an appointment I found that the online consultation process was long and complicated and this has put me off using Unity Health. There were a lot of boxes to fill in for details of each aspect of my symptoms.”

Unity Health is currently giving feedback forms out to patients on what they think of the new consultation service which can be found in the on-campus surgery. There is a view to make further changes to their services based on this patient feedback.

Kyla, a third year History student, also told Nouse: “It’s good to see Unity Health listening to student feedback and improving their services.”

In addition to the online service changes, after patients have had a doctor’s appointment they will be given a slip. If they need to return in the next month, they can give this slip to the reception at Unity Health and get another appointment immediately.