Campus Takeover acts announced

Headline acts will include Wretch 32 and Clean Cut Kid

Campus Takeover: Wretch 32Nouse can exclusively reveal that this years major YUSU freshers event, ‘Campus Takeover’, will feature the artist Wretch 32 as a headline act.

The event, which will run on Saturday 1st October, is expected to be YUSU’s biggest freshers event so far with singers, an open air cinema, a paint party and an early morning after party across various campus bars all planned.

Other acts are yet to be announced

YUSU activities officer Alex Lusty, stated that, “With the party going on until 3am in four different venues, we’re confident that this will be fantastic and that by the time everyone’s finished, they’ll #LoveYork”

The event will also feature the first ever fully renewable eco stage and solar power open air cinema. According to YUSU’s poster for the event, ‘the faster you cycle, the louder it gets’.

Lusty further commented on the eco-friendliness of the event, adding, “The eco stage is something that we’re particularly excited to bring to students. It’s a totally renewable stage, with six bikes powering the audio and DJ systems and solar panels running the open air cinema. This event is introducing a new site, a new format and a new ethos.”

Anyone interested in the event will be able to buy tickets and find further details at freshers.yusu.org. Discounted prices will be available to those who have bought college wristbands.