Festivals 2016: Reading and Leeds Festival – Preview

An exciting line up for Reading and Leeds 2016 including The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Two Door Cinema Club, Chvrches and more

reading leeds 2016 web line up

This year, Reading and Leeds has continued its newfound tendency of providing experimental, genre-diverse line-ups by relying on established rock giants as well as mainstream chart-toppers to grace Richfield Avenue and Bramham Park. What was once known as a festival for rock lovers has since exploded into a varied music event providing everything from heavy metal and indie, straight through to providing a platform for the best up and coming artists and musicians.

Across the August Bank Holiday Weekend, seven stages will host a diverse range rock and indie heavyweights, a generous mix of more commercial artists, and an array of alternative talent. In a similar vein to previous headliners Blink-182 and Paramore, this years’ booking of Fall Out Boy will be a trip down memory lane to thirteen-year-old emo days for many audience members, whilst chart-flirters Disclosure, with their more palatable-to-the-mainstream brand of dance/electronica, should be a welcome addition to the R+L crowds if their 2014 slot is anything to go by. Meanwhile, Red Hot Chili Peppers, following on from last year’s Libertines booking, prove that you can still achieve commercial and critical acclaim decades after first bursting onto the music scene.

Stepping up from their secret set last year on the inadequately-sized NME stage and in the wake their recent sold-out arena tour, Foals promise to be the most highly-anticipated addition to the Main Stage, who, along with Chvrches, will provide the heavy substance to Saturday’s proceeding at Leeds. Elsewhere, Haim and Two Door Cinema Club’s return to the festival environment, along with more seasoned faces such as Imagine Dragons, The 1975, The Vaccines, and Half Moon Run will bring stellar performances to an already brimming line-up. Music lovers can rest assured that Reading and Leeds offers the perfect conclusion to this year’s upcoming festival season.

Tickets for Reading and Leeds Festival are available now through their website, with weekend tickets costing