It has reached that time of year again. The library is packed, the clubs are shut and those deadlines are looming ever closer. These delicious blondies can’t get you that 2:1 you so crave but they will brighten up your day just a little bit. The combination of the soft, tangy raspberries with the melted white chocolate chunks is simply delightful so be sure to hide them from your housemates or they’ll disappear within seconds.
- 200g white chocolate
- 120g butter
- 125g plain flour
- 125g sugar
- Teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Large handful of raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 175C and grease a baking tray.
- Melt together the butter and 100g of chocolate in the microwave until they form a smooth, creamy mixture. The time needed will depend on your microwave so check on the mixture and stir at 20 second intervals.
- Add the sugar, flour and baking powder to a large bowl.
- Lightly beat 2 eggs and add to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl and fold gently until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Chop your remaining chocolate into chunks and stir into the mix. You may want to set a few chunks aside to melt and drizzle over the finished blondies.
- Pour your mixture into a baking tray and press the raspberries into the top. Frozen or fresh raspberries will work here, just allow for some extra cooking time if they are frozen.
- Bake for around 30 minutes until golden on top. Do not be tempted to overcook the blondies as they are best when they are still soft and gooey in the middle.