Unity Health East wait times to be less

Waiting times at the Heslington East Health Centre set to be less

unityhealth According to Peter Quinn, Head of Student Support Services, wait times at the planned Unity Health surgery on the Heslington East Campus will be reduced.

Quinn said: “The main reason for delay at Unity is the capacity of the building. Now we’re moving into a new bigger building on Hes East it means waiting times are shorter because we can fit more people in.

“But one of the predominant reasons for lengthier times at Unity Health is students not cancelling, or patients not cancelling – it’s not a student bashing thing, it’s a patient bashing thing, and that’s a national issue. Unity introduced a text back cancellation service from this week so appointments can be offered to others if not needed following a day before prompt by text and an on the day prompt.”

Vice Chancellor Koen Lamberts said at the VC’s Question Time last term that the equivalent of all of one GP’s appointments in a year are missed at the current Unity Health surgery, which is a major source of longer waiting times.

In January of this year, following student criticism, an extra nurse and doctor were made available during morning drop in sessions.

The proposed development of the site, located off Field Lane in Badger Hill, includes a pharmacy, a café or restaurant, and retail space as well as a new doctors surgery, which will replace current services. The plans are still under consultation.