Fuse ODG to headline Big D

Fuse ODG and Dimitri from Paris to headline Big D

Fuse ODG will be the headline act at Big D on 30 May. The three time MOBO Award winner has had several top ten hits such as ‘Antenna’, ‘Azonto’, ‘Dangerous Love’, ‘T.I.N.A.’ and ‘Million Pound Girl (Badder Than Bad)’.

Ellie Wintour, a second year English Literature student working on the Big D creative team, told Nouse she was excited to work on the event, commenting: “We don’t want to give much away at this stage but we have some fantastic plans in store for the event, and are keen to make it a bit more out there than your usual Big D, be prepared.

“We’re working with an incredibly high quality lighting company called DieHard productions which have done festivals all over the world to create a light display. Locomotion productions will also be working on the installations.”

This year’s event based in Derwent College is called “State of Mind” and involves D Bar being transformed into the Phantom Stage and Hendrix Hall will play host to the Svengali Stage.

The ‘nightmare’ of stages is aiming to take students to a world of madness and mayhem through lights, sculptures and projections and refractions from DieHard productions and Locomotion films. There will be a ‘daydream’ space in Courtyard which will become ‘Cloud Cuckoo’ with an interactive photo booth and clouds and cushions.

Second year Maths student Louise, who attended the event last year, commented on the plans for 2016, saying: “I am so excited for Big D, after rewatching the highlights video I remembered how much of an amazing night I had.”

The second headliner for the event will be French DJ Dimitri from Paris.

450 physical tickets have already been sold and the final group of tickets will be sold online in the week beginning 9 May.