Festivals 2016: Slam Dunk Festival – Preview

With a line-up as strong as Slam Dunk’s, it’s no wonder tickets are selling out fast for one of the country’s best rock and metal festivals

Slam Dunk 2016 1st Batch

I remember reading the SlamDunk line up for the first time. The 13 year old girl who waited hours for her copy of Pretty Odd to download cried inside me as I read the headline act of Panic! At the Disco.

Yes, SlamDunk festival is back and bigger than ever spanning three locations across the country for the May Bank Holiday! There is no excuse to miss out on the 10th anniversary of this legendary festival it as it heads to Leeds, Birmingham and Hatfield, where it has already sold out.

Whilst many fans will be queuing up to see Brendon Urie wow us all with Panic!’s brilliant new album there are a host of other fantastic acts joining him on the main stage including Mallory Knox and Young Guns. And that’s just the main stage as you will find yourself torn between that and other acts including Of Mice and Men, The King Blues and for those of you like your rock a little heavier the likes of the Cancer Bats and Northlane.

SlamDunk will be literally taking over at each of its locations with no less than eight stages set to be inhabiting the NEC or closing the streets of Leeds.

Despite the fact SlamDunk is only happening for one day in each of its locations it is set to make the most of every hour that it spends take over the North, Midlands and South with some amazing after parties on offer at each site. Leeds University will be the home of the North after party and will feature amazing SlamDunk DJ’s ending your day at the festival in style.  

A mid-price festival it is definitely worth saving up your student loan to pay for this one. As just a short train ride away will be some of the biggest names in indie and rock music amongst others. Can’t wait? Neither can I! 

Slam Dunk South is now sold out, but tickets remain for Slam Dunk North and Midlands. Tickets start at £42 + BF and are available from slamdunkmusic.com/festival.