London Fashion Week AW16: Day 4 Summary

The fourth day, of celebrity style spotting, fashion shots and general giddiness

DSC 0052

Images: Deborah Lam

DSC 0022 DSC 0016

Aspinal of London presented its’ womens’ collection as a dream world in the classic, elegance of the Claridges’ Hotel in Mayfair. We were transported on a journey through classic vintage styling and elegance, which drew inspiration from Aspinal’s artisan heritage, whilst additionally celebrating the object of beauty-the-pearl.

Reflective of a refined English sensibility, coupled with inspiration from the ages of elegance, it also progressed towards the future with its’ clean, sharp modern approach. The colour palette ranged from dusky pink, navy blue moon and black intertwined with a variety of tectures including polished, smooth and pebbled leather.

Lantern Sense

12755083 10154013207584090 643292835 o

Images: Raymond Wong

12767840 10154013207604090 938157614 o

The AW16 Lantern Sense Collection featured boxy tailored separates; models sashayed the catwalk in skirts and trousers custom made with safety pins, jackets that were heavily embellished with jump-rings and eyelets. Furthermore, oversized asymmetric woolen scarfs were adorned with tassel fringing, a repetitive motif throughout the show. Clean and refined cuts, intriguing prints and a simplistic approach along with fine craftsmanship, the label did well to combine its’ recognition as a brand to keep an eye on but exposed its’ design ethos along with a multicultural heritage.

Vin+ Omi

DSC 0136

Images: Deborah Lam

DSC 0100

All the colours of the rainbow were on offer in Vin and Omi’s AW16 show and fashion norms were inverted with outfits themed around colour rather than a trend, and cable ties used instead of stitching.