London Fashion Week AW16: Day Three Summary

From Alexander McQueen to Topshop Unique, the best of the British designers

A third day down and already so much content covered, from the upcoming talents to long standing icons of fashion. We started at Prophetick’s catwalk show, back at Freemasons hall.

IMG 4342

Images: Malik Haddington – Ahmed

IMG 4424

Organic materials and earthy colours,  it contrasted two ideas, of the the romantic, delicate woman attired in white lace holding her parasol with the fast-paced women on the go in men’s waistcoats, shirts, and breeches.

Harper & Blake

IMG 4697

Image: Malik Haddington- Ahmed

An exotic arrangement of 8 minimalist, silk print scarves, draped over the models. The collection was inspired by the idea of predators in the wild.

Danielle Romeril

IMG 4593

Image: Malik Haddington – Ahmed

Hand embroidered, futuristic fabrics, and themes that range from vintage football wear, to the voluminous sleeves akin to the sixteenth century, Danielle Romeril exhibited a collection that ties together many phases of fashion.

Topshop Unique

Images: Deborah Lam

Topshop 2

In a celebrity clad Tate Britain, the trendsetting Topshop Unique did not disappoint, with it’s classic and wearable designs.

House of MEA

Images: Jack Richardson

The oriental, far- east Asian inspired designs were lavishly adorned in lines and rows of golden  sequins, coins and beads, on a layer of maroon, olive and black jacquard.

Alexander McQueen

alexander mcqueen

Image: Jack Richardson

One of the most highly anticipated and exclusive shows of the week,  Alexander McQueen brought out their first collection in 10 years at London Fashion Week, with clothes conjuring a subdued and nocturnal theme, with the dark colouring of silken jackets.