Leatham’s ‘Student Noticeboard’ to go live this term

Ben Leatham’s website for student communication to go live

Image: YUSU

Image: YUSU

Ben leatham has revealed initial plans for his ‘Student Noticeboard’ website.
The website will be a platform for sharing student related skills and services: “It is a hub of information that brings together everything you might need in one place. It covers skills, equipment, training, entertainment and enterprise, as well as having a message board.”

The improvement of communications and the creation of a platform for students to create petitions were key promises of Ben Leatham’s election campaign in 2015.
Leatham said: “One of the projects I have been working on since I took office is the creation of an Online Student Noticeboard.

“It is so near to completion and I am SO excited for students to start using it. It has a variety of functions including being a space for students with skills (e.g. graphic designers) to advertise themselves and students involved in entertainment (e.g. bands) to advertise themselves.

“Many candidates in this year’s YUSU elections have campaigned on the basis of improving student communications, particularly in sport. An anonymous student said: “The concept of the website has potential, although its success depends upon student participation, which remains to be seen.”

The website, ‘The Student Noticeboard,’ will go live during weeks eight or nine of the spring term.