League Tables Survey now open to 3rd years

National Student Survey open to final year university students

Image: hackNY.org

Image: hackNY.org

The National Student Survey is now open for entering until 30 April. Students in their final year of study can enter the survey where questions will be asked about what was good and what could be improved about the course to help prospective students with their choices for course and university.

John Robertson, Pro Vice Chancellor, told Nouse: “We encourage all final year students to complete the National Student Survey. It’s one way to give feedback on your experience at York, and make your voice heard. Respondents’ open written comments are particularly valuable.

“We study the results very carefully at programme, department and University levels, and alongside our internal mechanisms for staff-student liaison, we use what we learn to go on improving.”

The NSS was founded in 2005 and surveys the opinions of students who are in the final year of their undergraduate studies. Questions range from the quality of teaching to levels of personal development.

Thomas Ron, YUSU Academic Officer said: “The NSS is an incredibly important survey that has a huge impact on the University.  The results of this are discussed at every level of the University.

“I hope that many students will avail themselves of the opportunity to leave feedback about their entire university experience.”

In 2015, the University of York came 128th for overall student satisfact

ion. The results of the survey are publicly available and can be highly influential in informing the decision of potential new undergraduate students.