Anna Wintour to attend University fashion show

Anna Wintour, Editor-in-Chief of US Vogue, to attend The Northern Youth Fashion Show

Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of American Vogue, is to come to York to attend the Northern Youth Fashion show. The event will include a Q&A with Wintour that is to be conducted by Katharine Viner, Editor-in-Chief of The Guardian News and Media.

Wintour has been in the position of editor-in-chief since 1988, with a brief stint at British Vogue. She is regarded as one of the most powerful people in fashion and has been recognised for supporting young designers.

Following the Q&A with Wintour, there will be a showcase of creative work from across the north of England and Scotland, as well as musical performances. Billie Marten, Sound of 2016 nominee, will be one of the acts on the line up.

Adam Curtis, BAFTA-award winning British film director, has worked with film and television students at the University to create a soundscape video montage of northern images for the show.

The event is aiming to raise £50,000 to support refugees through the Xavier Project, the Two Ridings Community Foundation and Refugee Action York. It is also hoping to raise money for the York Food Bank.

A silent auction of the five most exclusive pieces from the showcase will take place on the night, as well as a raffle including a Mulberry bag and a spa break, with all funds raised going directly to the charities.

Ellie Wintour, Anna’s niece and Digital Editor of HARD magazine, told Nouse: “It’s been a wonderful opportunity to work on an event which combines northern creativity with the refugee crisis which is such an important cause.”

The event is taking place in collaboration with BlackBox who will be hosting the after party at Fibbers, with Friendly Fires and Metronomy performing.

Sponsored by Yorkshire Living magazine and Grand Central Rail, the show is to take place on Friday 29 January in Central Hall, starting with a champagne reception at 17:45.

1. Very impressed