A Celebration of the Christmas Jumper

A look through the seasons festive and novelty knits

It’s the most wonderful time of the year- a time when gaudy knits are removed from their home at the back of wardrobes everywhere and worn with pride and joy. I am, of course referring to the odd uncle of clothing items- the Christmas jumper. In the last few years the Christmas jumper has experienced somewhat of a renaissance, going from a curio that was donned by Colin Firth against his will in Bridget Jones’ Diary to an endearing knit that has been worn by everyone from Beyoncé to Matt Damon. So, what better way to celebrate the knit of the moment than to round up the best of this year’s offering from the high street.

1. New Look
New Look Black Snowman Fairisle Christmas Jumper- £24.99

This jumper practically screams at you it is so garish, but it also celebrates the bizarre beauty that Christmas jumpers have become synonymous with it’s Reindeer and bold pattern.

2. Topshop

Topshop Winter Scene Top- £40

Topshop Winter Scene Top- £40

For a more subdued Christmas jumper, Topshop is offering this alpine inspired knitted crop top (a co-ord skirt is available). This top is a hard worker and will see you further than Christmas by avoiding Christmas imagery.

3. Urban Outfitters

Light Before Dark Chunky Knit Turtleneck Jumper- £46

No Christmas patterns here, but Urban Outfitters throwback to the nineties with a knit inspired by Love Actually and it’s extremely high turtle neck count.

4. ASOS

ASOS For The Love of Tinsel Christmas Jumper- £22

ASOS eschews pattern in favour of a text based Christmas jumper to equally festive effect with the Christmassy combination of green and red writing.