PwC named top graduate employer

Accountancy firm employed 530 graduates in 2014

Image: PwC_Spain

Image: PwC_Spain

The Complete University Guide has named
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) as the top
employer of UK university graduates for the second year running.
The multinational professional services network employed 530 people from the 2013/2014 cohort of graduates, compared to 370 the previous year.
Deloitte, the second largest professional services network in terms of revenue, came third in the Complete University Guide’s rankings.
It is the largest professional services network in terms of the number of professionals Boots remained in second place, while KPMG came fourth. The two companies recruited 365 and 235 graduates respectively, while Ernst & Young and Specsavers came joint fifth with 230 new graduate employees each.
The Complete University Guide’s rankings were based on data from the annual Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey conducted by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA).
The data also showed that the financial services industry retains its position as the main recruiter of graduates going into professional employment. It did not include new graduate start-up businesses and companies with fewer than four graduate recruits.
Specifically in the Yorkshire and The Humber area the top employer of graduates is currently Boots, followed by Leeds City Council and then PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). Sheffield City Council, Covance and Lloyds Banking were also in the top employers of graduates in the area as well.