Bora Aksu – SS16 Show Report

Sunset oranges and soft hues of pinks and white, a celebration of colour and light at the Aksu show

Image: James Hostford

Image: James Hostford

Set at BFC Show Space at Brewer Street’s Multi-Storey Car- park, Aksu’s new collection featured floaty ethereal laces in pale powder pinks and delicate whites. The light and fluid materials, such as silk, tulle and organza contrasted with more impervious cottons and brocades offering depth to the pieces. The collection then transcended into more vibrant colours influenced, as the designer states, by the changing colours of the skies during the hour before sunrise and and after sunset. Burnt oranges and fuchsias conjure the images high summer and the changing colour of the leaves as the light fades.

Image: James Hostford

Image: James Hostford

Aksu’s collection takes inspiration from early 20th century photographer and artist Etheldreda Laing. Her work features vivid and colourful photographs of her daughter in the garden of there Oxford home.

Intricate floral tattoos adorned the models faces. This theme of body paints and tattoos was a trend seen across the catwalks this season.

Image: James Hostford

Image: James Hostford