London Fashion Week SS16: Day Four Summary

All the latest from Mondays shows

Although less busy, Mondays shows still proved to be very much worth seeing. The designs ranged from the extremely contemporary in the Vin + Omi show to the classic and wearable in L’Amitie. There were events to suit everyone’s palate.

Wilson PK

Collection 21

Image: Rob McConkey

Wilson PK’s presentation was certainly eye catching, combing modernism with themes of Christianity. Noteworthy, was a serpentine neck piece featured within one of the garments. Indeed, the bold designs within the collection varied in texture and colour, but a common feature was Wilson PK’s use of reflective acrylics and art-deco beads. This conveyed the collection’s commitment to modernism.

L’Amitie

12050726 10205400479195757 553239785 o

Image: Rachel Paix

L’Amitie’s show teased elegance and class whilst igniting a sense of female empowerment. The collection embodied timeless classic and simplistic designs, showcasing a variety of pyjama robes, gowns and shirt dresses which remodelled 1920s and 1930s classics. This clearly defined the motto of the collection ‘less is more’. A well-received aspect of the show, was the use of silk within the L’Amitie collection.

C J Yao

IMG 9385 opt

Image: Alison Lau Wing Yan, @lwyalison, alisonlauwingyanch.portfoliobox.me

IMG 9532 opt

IMG 9543 opt

The collection took inspiration from sports and street chic. The floor was printed with the green lines and numbers of a race track; a design which was closely copied within the clothes. Cricket, baseball jumpers, jogging and running trousers in greys blues and whites, emblazoned with numbers and logos made frequent appearances; while silver sweatbands and trainers completed the look.

Vin + Omi

LFW VinOmi SS16 002 683×1024

Image: Amie Caswell, @amiecharlot

LFW VinOmi SS16 020 683×1024

Image: Amie Caswell, @amiecharlot

LFW VinOmi SS16 021 683×1024

Image: Amie Caswell, @amiecharlot

LFW VinOmi SS16 027 683×1024

Image: Amie Caswell, @amiecharlot

A bold and unique collection, the designers themselves have described it best; ‘Future Eco – Punk’. Reflecting their love of wood, many of the intricate clothes and head dresses were made up of swirling pieces of bamboo or weapon-like shards of bark, fastened down the centre of the models head resembling a Mohawk. The models paraded down the cat walk in revealing latex bralets and shorts and capes, which juxtaposed the serenity and natural atmosphere of woodland backdrop.