York’s Little Festival of Live Music returns for its third year in September

The seven day event unfolds alongside the York Food and Drink Festival from the 18th to the 26th

Vesper Walk, who will be appearing at York's Little Festival of Live Music

Vesper Walk, who will be appearing at York’s Little Festival of Live Music

York’s Little Festival of Live Music will be hosting a seven day event at the York Food and Drink Festival from Friday 18th – Saturday 26th September (except 21st and 22nd). Funds raised during the festival will go to York Mind.

This seven day event will showcase the work of both established musicians as well as introducing the work of new and upcoming performers and will include a wide range of musical genres including Folk, Americana, Rock, Punk, Indie, Pop-Opera and Country plus numerous acoustic sessions.

The line-up includes soul-funk group Barcode Zebra, americana-folk combo King Courgette, Sam Griffiths, According to Eve, Dan Webster, Sarah Dean, classical four hand piano-players Vesper Walk, Leather’o and Zak Ford.

Also appearing are Ellie Holmes, Lion Papers, Rachel Croft, David Ward Maclean, Bull, Alice Ostapjuk, Pelico, To The Blue, Flora Greysteel, Analog Bombs, Indigo Bones, the mesmerising Kymberley Kennedy, The Bronze, Lost Trends, Laura Kindelan, The Rusty Pegs, renowned folk singer Boss Caine and the Surf Sluts, who are returning after a highly-acclaimed performance in 2014.

YorkLittleMusicFestivalA4 SOCIAL4 Festival Organiser Ellen Cole says: “We are thrilled and delighted with the sheer amount of musicians which have applied for this year’s festival. When the festival was originally set up we only had 22 musicians and bands apply and are now receiving just under 400 applications which is incredibly overwhelming.

“We have a high quality line-up for the festival, where not one act is the same as the other. I am very pleased with what the festival has achieved and during the festival we’ll be sharing some very special news about next year’s festival, which we’re very excited about sharing with everyone.”

The festival will take place in the Music Marquee on Parliament Street from 5-9pm and admission is free.

Ellen is also looking for some volunteers to help run the music festival as well as a group of Film Makers and Photographers, if you are interested in volunteering then please contact her at: [email protected]

For more information on the festival go to facebook.com/YorksLittleFestivalOfLiveMusic or follow @Live_Music_Fest on Twitter.

1. You’re the grateest! JMHO