Part Time: Disabled Students Officer

Image: YUSU

Image: YUSU

Zohra Khan

What is your role?

“As Disabled Students Officer, my role is to represent disabled students at York whether that is through campaigning on access issues, raising awareness of disability and mental health issues and working with the university to improve access requirements.

“The Disabled Students Network is also a student support group and has regular socials and exciting opportunities to get involved with all the time.”

What is the best part about your job?

“I think the best part about the job so far has to be the positive awareness campaigns we’ve ran in the past, and having a Paralympian attend Access Your Future!”

What would you like to tell freshers?

“I think it’s incredibly important for freshers to know that this support is there and there are other students you can talk to and opportunities to take hold of, especially if you need that extra support during your studies.”

1. have written sarevel blog posts about social media reputation and about how the content you share in Tweets or status updates could become indexed by Google and

2. Is there a PROFILES Blog that we can go to? Since this affects all areas of Yahoo idicunlng mail there are issues that I would like to clarify. I have written to customer care, but all I have received to date is an autoresponder telling me that I will get a reply within 24 hours NOT! I have two YIDs because I had this original ID going all the way back to one-list/e-groups and then y-groups. My ISP was prodigy, which was then bought out by SBC who partnered with yahoo and I had to get an ID that was linked to my prodigy account back then I was told that if I ever left prodigy my ID would become invalid so I created a new YID which is the one now attached to my ATT-Yahoo account and which I use for a back-up/duplicate addy for the lists I moderate so that I will always have access even if one goes down due to technical issues. I want to know where I now stand at such time as I cancel my ATT-Yahoo subscription (already have a Y-Mail addy) which will happen I am now connected to cable and do not use their dial up service just e-mail.