Freshers’ Comedy Night line-up announced

Comedian Seann Walsh to headline Freshers’ event

11800064 10153191381118740 1723244991808106431 n

Image: YUSU

YUSU have announced the line-up for the 2015 Freshers’ Comedy Night.

The event, which is to take place on Sunday 4th October, will be headlined by Virtually Famous team captain Seann Walsh, who is also known for his appearances on the BBC’s Mock the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

The event will mark Walsh’s third appearance at the event, having previously headlined the event two years ago alongside Sara Pascoe, and supported Paul Foot in 2011. This year he will be supported by up and coming comedians and Edinburgh Fringe regulars Mark Simmons, Jenny Collier and Liam Pickford.

Last year’s event was headlined by Last Leg star Josh Widdicombe and former Chortle Student Comedian of the Year Nathan Caton. The Comedy Night has grown in popularity in recent years leading to the introduction of Refreshers’ Comedy Nights at the start of each spring term.

YUSU Activities Officer Chris Wall announced the lineup: “It’s going to be amazing”, he wrote, “We’ve listened to student feedback and provided a top level night with big name acts”.

The line-up marks the first of the YUSU Freshers’ events to be announced with more to come in the coming weeks. “We’ve also got a few surprises in store”, Wall announced, “and whilst I can’t reveal all yet I’m pretty sure every other uni is going to be jealous of what we put on as well as the amazing plans I know the colleges have!”

It has also been revealed this week that YUSU’s headline event for this year’s Freshers’ week will be called ‘The Big Top’.

Tickets for the 2015 Freshers’ Comedy Night will be made available soon via the YUSU website.

1. Absolutely love ALIS think the whole lot of u are top!! i look forward to coemdy nights at the magnet and town hall tav think ur brill wish i cud come to town hall tav tonyt but im going to watch another gig that ALIS have set up in sheffield but either way ill still be giving my full support could you possibly get AFC Baggy on in the magnet soon too he’s like my dad and would really enjoy seein him at the local gigs thx .xxx