Nolan North hints at The Last of Us sequel

Voice actor seemingly reveals the sequel at US convention

Image: naughty_dog on Flickr

Image: naughty_dog on Flickr

The voice actor Nolan North has suggested that The Last of Us 2 is in the works. North, who provided the voice of David in the original The Last of Us, casually mentioned that a sequel was being made during a Q&A session at an anime convention in Tampa, Florida. When asked by an audience member whether he was still working with Naughty Dog, the developer behind The Last of Us and the Uncharted series, North responded:

“I know they’re doing Last of Us 2, but my character in Last of Us … [met an] untimely demise”

For those of you who might not know, The Last of Us was Naughty Dog’s seminal survival horror game. The game follows two characters, Joel and Ellie, as they travel across a post-apocalyptic America. Along the way, they are forced to deal with zombie-like monsters as well as survivors of the infection that brought the world to its knees. When it was originally released in 2013, the game was praised for its engrossing story, and well developed characters. A year later, a remastered edition was released on the PlayStation 4.

It’s understandable for fans of the game to get excited with North’s comment, but let’s not get too carried away just yet. This is in no way an official announcement, just a hint that a sequel is in development.

Nevertheless, Naughty Dog have never ruled-out a sequel, and have openly discussed the possibility in the past. If a sequel were to be announced, it would certainly be well received by fans of the original game.

In summary, there’s no need to get excited just yet, but The Last of Us 2 is looking more likely than ever.