Festivals 2015: Truck Festival – Preview

As Truck Festival returns for its 17th year bigger and better than before, here are the best bands to catch at Hill Farm this coming July

TRUCK EFLYER 2NDLINEUP 01 Having graced the Oxford countryside since 1998, it’s no wonder the charming and famously low-key Truck Festival is gathering more attention than ever before. The site itself is ever expanding, with cracking new glamping experiences and a huge food offering available this year. And what brings the growing crowds, you ask? A massive line up featuring chart-topping names and local favorites ranging from indie and folk to rock and dance. If you’re tempted by what you see then you best be quick, since tickets are nearly sold out for what is set to be a glorious weekend this July. Truck has crammed a lot into a mere two days, so here’s a breakdown of the best acts to catch.

Don Broco – Friday, The Truck Stage

Source: Chuff Media

Source: Chuff Media

Having just announced the release of their hotly anticipated new album ‘Automatic these alt rockers are on a roll, with a headline slot on the Kerrang! Tour and an appearance on E4’s Made In Chelsea under their belt in recent months. Their infectious energy and boyish charm is a treat on stage, and they are sure to be the perfect band to accompany your Friday evening.

Saint Raymond – Saturday, The Truck Stage

Source: Artist Facebook

Source: Artist Facebook

If you haven’t heard of Saint Raymond (musical vehicle for musician Callum Burrows) yet then don’t worry, you will have soon enough. This young musician has toured with Ed Sheeran and had his tracks on Zane Lowe ‘Hottest Records’ list on two occasions, as well as having headlined Dot To Dot Festival. His infectious track ‘Young Blood’, title track for his upcoming album, is sure to be a winner with the crowds at Hill Farm.

Honeyblood – Friday, The Truck Stage

Source: Laura Coulson

Source: Laura Coulson

Not as sweet as their name implies, Honeyblood are an all-girl ‘crunch pop’ duo from Scotland. They’ve gone from DIY beginnings to ever-increasing heights with an upcoming tour supporting the legendary Belle & Sebastian. Quirky, bright and beautifully formed, their music brings elements of punk rock and indie pop to create a treat for listening ears.

Ghostpoet – Friday, The Market Stage

2015Ghostpoet Press 240215.hero

Source: Artist PR

Mercury nominated artist Ghostpoet, described by NME as the most “evocative storyteller” in British electronic music, promises to bring a profound and unforgettable performance. His murky and eclectic style is triumphant to experience, and his masterful song writing is an experience not to be missed

Lucy Rose – Saturday, The Market Stage

Source: Artist PR

Source: Artist PR

You may know her as former unofficial member of Bombay Bicycle club, but to the rest of us she is the sweet-voiced indie folk star fresh off the release of her latest album. Her style bleeds intimacy and vulnerability in a simplified acoustic package. Her talent for crowd gripping quiet intensity promises to be moving and inspiring, and her brand of heart-on-sleeve folk is an absolute must see.