Festivals 2015: First ever Citadel Festival announces its full programme

The one day London-based festival from the organisers of Wilderness plays host to Ben Howard, Bombay Bicycle Club and Nick Mulvey in its inaugural year

citadel festival (1) Not content with running one of the most prolific medium-sized festivals on the circuit, the minds behind Wilderness have in 2015 decided to branch out from their Oxfordshire forest home into the urban jungle of London’s Victoria Park with the creation of Citadel.

The one day event looks set to offer far more than just a stellar line-up of indie and acoustic talent, with the announcement of a plethora of arts and culture-based platforms that includes a ‘Talks and Debates – Sunday Papers Live’ event featuring London Mayoral hopeful Tessa Jowell and journalist Ben Judah, ‘Comedy Tent from Underbelly’, a stand up haven mirroring the iconic Edinburgh Festival fixture, and ‘Grand Dining and Sunday Feasts’, brought to festival goers by famed chef Richard Turner.

Fresh from touring and promoting their Mercury-nominated album So Long, See You Tomorrow, Bombay Bicycle Club will make a rare performance in 2015 to play Victoria Park alongside acoustic icon Ben Howard, who has been busy carving a significant niche in the wake of his sophomore record I Forget Where We Were.

Bear’s Den, Neneh Cherry, Mercury-nominated Nick Mulvey and Anna Calvi, Roots Manuva, Rhodes, Honeyblood and, in a UK festival exclusive, Kurt Vile and the Violators will grace the stages at Citadel to create what the festival calls ‘a mirror to the city’.

There will also be an array of fashion and beauty stalls,  lawn games and swing dance, hoedowns and ceilidhs on offer, assembling what Citadel calls ‘the day when the city comes together and takes a collective breath. If only every Sunday could be like this…’.

Citadel takes place on Sunday 19th July. Get tickets now for £49.50 from www.citadelfestival.com.