York secure Team Cup semi-final place

The University of York played out a thriller against Knavesmire, eventually edging them out 4-3 to reach the semi-final of the team cup

The University of York
IMAGE: Matthew Armendariz

IMAGE: Matthew Armendariz

After much confusion over the date of this match, it was finally played on the neutral territory of the Golden Ball. Both sides were depleted for the Cup quarter-final, and the University came into the fixture on the back of a 5-2 win over the Woolpack, becoming only the second team to secure an away win this season.
Joe Foxon and Andrew Dennis opened the match in impressive fashion, putting the Uni into a 1-0 lead with a 1,710-90 win, although the margin did not reflect the closeness of the frame, as the Knavesmire were unlucky to see a ball travel the full length of the table to knock over the black pin.
Oli Hill and Barney Trimble were unable to stop the Knavesmire levelling though, as Dan Matthews’ 800+ break gave them a huge mountain to climb. It was 2-1 to the Uni again however, as Keelan Garbutt and Joe narrowly took the third frame by 110 points.
Andrew and Keelan were up in the fourth frame, where the Knavesmire left the Uni little chance to score, as they took a heavy victory to level it up at 2-2. A low scoring frame featuring Oli and Barney was next, with the Uni players taking a 550-380 win, putting the Uni back into a single frame lead, with none of the frames so far being won against the break.
Joe and Oli changed that however, to seal the Uni’s place in the semi-finals. With both players scoring consistently, the frame was won by a margin of over 1,000 points. In the final frame, Andrew and Barney held a lead of over 200 points, but in the spirit of fair play, with the match already won, unsuccessfully attempted the 200 shot, leaving the final score at 4-3 to the University.

1. As an excellent going stnuedt, in the event you strive to acquire agreed with a regular loan program, you may find that this interest you’re quoted really are a higher rates no matter where you happen to be, it is quite possible that you should avail instant loan today since loans are widely available within the internet.