Are you ready for the Ball?

shares her secrets on how to achieve the perfect Summer Ball looks

Sophie’s look

IMG 6828

Base
Prime with a good moisturiser and the No7 Instant Illusions Rapid Radiance Balm to add luminosity to the skin. Apply MAC Face and Body with a buffing brush, building coverage where needed. Add Clarins Instant Concealer for dark circles and blemishes. Use Illamasqua Gel Sculpt in Silhouette to contour the cheeks, blending well. Set with Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder. Apply the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer to the high points of the face with a fan brush, and add MAC Well Dressed Blush to the apples of the cheeks. Use Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer to warm up the complexion.

Eyes
Prepare the eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion for longwearing eyeshadow. With a flat shader brush, apply a generous amount of Gunmetal eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked Palette across the lid and into the crease, blending out. Deepen the outer corner with Creep from the same palette while softening the edges. Run black kohl eyeliner across the lash line, blend out with a pencil brush, and extend the line outwards into a smoky flick. Add an extra sparkle by pressing Nars Miss Liberty highlighter across the lid. Complete the eyes with lashings of volumising mascara.

Lips
Start by lining the outside and colouring in with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk – a pinky-nude. Finish with a touch of Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Chic.

Jamila’s look

IMG 6861

Base
Post moisturiser, apply MAC Face and Body across the skin with a buffing brush, building up in areas that need the extra coverage. Use Nars Laguna Bronzer to warm up the complexion and add Nars Deep Throat Blush on to the apples of the cheeks, pulling back to the tops of the cheeks. Contour with Illamasqua Gel Sculpt in Silhouette in the hollows of the cheeks, as well as around the hairline and along the jaw.

Eyes
Prime the eyes with Nars Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base. Use MAC Woodwinked across the mobile lid, blending at the edges. Then deepen the outer half of the eyelid and the crease with Urban Decay Dark Horse with a fluffy brush. Line the upper and lower lashline with brown kohl and finish with plenty of mascara.

Lips
Using a lip brush, apply Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang across the lips, blotting with a tissue.