Plans for Bollywood film on campus

The film would be shot in June over a period of four weeks

TFTV

A film company is in talks with the University about using the campus as the backdrop to a new Bollywood production.

The company contacted the University last week to make enquiries about filming over a period of four weeks in June. The film is said to follow the romance of two students who move to England to study at university.

David Duncan, Registrar and Secretary, told Nouse: “Discussions are at an early stage but if this comes off, it will provide a further opportunity for students from TFTV to become involved in making a major film and will also provide employment for students as extras.”

The news follows confirmation that the production company behind The Correspondence will be shooting scenes featuring former Bond girl Olga Kurylenko on campus in May.

Duncan said: “The excellent facilities in the TFTV department and the high quality of our graduates are a very important part of the York media arts story.”

Other recent television and film productions based in York include Slapper and Me, starring Luke Newberry as a dog-racing trainer, set to be released later this year.

1. It’s a great day for TFTV Commercial Services. The two clueless people running the commercial services office may have achieved something.