First batch of Big D pre-sale tickets sells out in ten minutes

The Big D Facebook event promises a “euphoric oasis of music and dancing”

Derwent College has sold all of its first release pre-sale tickets for Big D, its annual post-exam club night, in ten minutes.

Image: Derwent College

Image: Derwent College

The description on the Big D Facebook event promises to turn Derwent and the surrounding campus into a “euphoric oasis of music and dancing”.

The event will also see D Bar transformed into the ‘Far Away Stage’.

Hendrix Hall will be rebranded as ‘The Void’ for the night.

Big D, which was originally scheduled to take place on Sunday 31 May, will now happen on Monday 1 June. due to “unforeseen circumstances”. However, the change is sad to make the lineup “**EVEN MADDER!**” according to the Facebook page. All tickets for the first, second and third releases are sold out, while details for the sale of online tickets have yet to be announced.

Despite the initial success of ticket pre-sales, there have been complaints regarding the process behind the sale of the tickets.

One person registered their complaint on the Big D Facebook event page, commenting on the lack of information given about the dwindling number of first release tickets, valued at £18.
They said: “Good job telling people in the queue there’s only 10 tickets left then… When do they go online?”

Rosalie Dowding, Chair of Derwent College, told Nouse: “We were thrilled by such a massive turnout for the first sale. As these went so quickly, we decided to launch the second release then too, to minimise disappointment of all those that had crammed into D Bar.

“It seems that people were under the impression that the tickets had completely gone, and left before hearing that the second release was being launched.”
According to Dowding, over a third of the tickets have now been sold.

She added that there would be an opportunity for people to win YUSU Black Cards. YUSU Black Cards entitle the holder free entry into all YUSU official club nights.

The cards will be valid for all of next year, which Dowding labelled as an “absolute dream.”

A second year Economics student told Nouse: “The way the ticket sales were advertised wasn’t great to be honest. It’s a shame because I was really looking forward to the event. I had a really enjoyable night at last year’s event, hopefully I can grab a ticket when online sales go live.”

Last year’s event, which was called Project D, featured Swedish DJ and record producer Basshunter as its headliner.

1. Does the ‘D’ in ‘Big D’ stand for ‘Duck’ or ‘Disappointment’?