LFW AW15 Highlights: FELDER FELDER

Laser cut outs and fur bring a new twist to familiar silhouettes

High-necked, open fronts were a unique feature of the collection. Image: James Hostford

Bold laser cut outs mark a key trend for the upcoming season. Image: James Hostford

Inuit-inspired fur coats in outlandish colours. Image: James Hostford

Majestic metallic empowers models. Image: James Hostford

Daniela and Annettes ultimate finale piece was a striking showstopper. Image:James Hostford

Set against the backdrop of the Freemasons’ Hall on the Strand, the FELDER FELDER show was bustling. The marble flooring and arching gateways gave the show a sophisticated and palatial impression from the outset.

The show was highly anticipated, attracting prominent members of the British
fashion industry. Vogue editors and members of the Made in Chelsea cast alike graced
the front row.

The collection itself featured a range of heavy, full-hooded, Inuit-inspired fur coats
in outlandish colours, such as turquoise and purple, with a beautiful finale creation in
red. The evening wear collection was comprised of gothic leather dresses with sheer
chiffon necklines decorated with black embroidery, chokers with low plunge-neck
dresses and tops with luxurious sequined sleeves which were layered under slouchy
black boyfriend blazers.

The collection was then given more sparkle with rose gold coordinating skirts
and jackets and laser cut out crop tops in red and black leathers, with the patterns de-
signed to imitate tiger stripes. This concept was also used in the layout of the sequins on
the tops.

The daywear collection comprised of lovely floaty blouses and full length dresses
with chic, small ruffle sleeves, accessorized with delicate metal chain belts slung around
the waist. This silver detailing was also used for the bands on the elegant, floppy head-
wear. The inspiring collection was finished off with sheer tops and skirts adorned with
grid patterns of gold glitter.

The talented twin designers, Daniela and Annette, appeared during the finale
to much applause, with Daniela carrying her baby son. By making an appearance on
stage, the sibling team managed to create a personal connection between the FELDER
FELDER label, their designs, and the audience viewing this impressive example of art
and creativity.