Festivals 2015: Leeds Festival announces third headliner, over 50 more acts

The Libertines will headline the festival in August

the libertines 1398432571 view 0 The Libertines have just been announced as the third headliner for Reading and Leeds 2015.

Marking their fourth appearance on the main stage of the festival, the headline slot will benefit from the injection of the Pete Doherty and co.’s punk-rock proficiency, marking a stylistic variation to the sets to be brought by heavy rockers Metallica and folk sensation Mumford and Sons on corresponding nights.

Gary Powell of the band had this to say: ‘As Reading and Leeds was the festival that graciously allowed us to perform back in 2010 at our first attempt at reforming, and the audience were amazing in their reception of us, it seems only right that we go back to the scene of the crime and do our best to not only replicate what we did back then – but do better, for the fans and friends we have met along the way.’

Following a troubled track record of break-ups and reunions, The Libertines have declared their intention to release new material in the near future. Could this headline slot be the start of a new chapter in the band’s history?

In addition to Royal Blood, Bastille, Catfish and the Bottlemen and others aleady revealed to be playing the festival, other acts announced today include All Time Low, Bring Me the Horizon, Kendrick Lamar, The Maccabees, Panic at the Disco, Lonely The Brave, Knife Party, Limp Bizkit, Tyler, The Creator, Swim Deep, Everything Everything, Jamie XX, Boy Better Know, Camo & Krooked, Hudson Mohawke, New Found Glory, Mastadon, Cancer Bats, Django Django, The Wombats, Frank Turner, Peace, A$AP Ferg, Flatbush Zombies, Azealia Banks, Lethal Bizzle and Stormzy.

Of the announcement, festival boss Melvin Bragg said ‘I really think we’ve got the ultimate line-up this year. Where else can you see Kendrick Lamar on the same day as Deadmau5 and Years & Years, or Marmozets on the same day as Azealia Banks or Metallica, or All Time Low on the same day as Knife Party or Mumford & Sons!

‘It’s almost exactly six months to the Festivals and I already can’t wait until August Bank Holiday weekend.’

Slaves 2014 Brighton newcomers Slaves and are also slated to play the festival in August. Having featured on the BBC Sound of 2015 poll, the duo are set to have an explosive year. ‘What a pleasure, what an honour, what a privilege, what a joy it is to be on the bill for Reading & Leeds’, they remarked on their R+L debut.

See the full list of announced acts below.

The Libertines

A$AP Ferg

All Time Low

Alvvays

American Football

Ash

Azealia Banks

Ben Kahn

Boy Better Know

Bring Me the Horizon

Brodinski

Bury Tomorrow

Camo & Krooked

Cancer Bats

Cardiknox

Circa Waves

Coasts

Craze

Darlia

Dillon Francis

Django Django

DMA’s

Everything Everything

Flatbush Zombies

Frank Turner

Frnkiero And the Cellabration

FTSE

Ghost

Glass Animals

Gojira

Gorgon City

Hudson Mohawke

Jake Isaac

Jamie XX

Kendrick Lamar

Knife Party

Krept & Konan

Lethal Bizzle

Limp Bizkit

Little May

Lonely The Brave

Marmozets

Mastodon

Modern Life Is War

My Nu Leng

Neck Deep

New Found Glory

Nick Brewer

Oneman

Panic! At the Disco

Peace

Pell

Porter Robinson

Radkey

Rae Sremmurd

Rat Boy

Ratking

San Fermin

Simple Plan

Slaves

Stormzy

Swim Deep

The Bulletproof Bomb

The Districts

The Maccabees

The Menzingers

The Wombats

Toyboy & Robin

Tyler, The Creator

Walking On Cars

We Are The Ocean

While She Sleeps

Metallica

Mumford & Sons

Bastille

Catfish and The Bottlemen

Deadmau5

Hannah Wants

Jack Garratt

Jamie T

Manchester Orchestra

Pierce The Veil

Pretty Vicious

Rebel Sound

Refused

Royal Blood

Run The Jewels

Wilkinson (Live)

Wolf Alice

Years & Years