Sexposé 2015: The Threesome

Renowned for its dirty-talking frankness and no holds barred sex-related debate, the third installment of Sexposé took place on Wednesday

The third instalment of the extremely popular Sexposé took place in P/X/001 this Wednesday, with latecomers being turned away due to the lack of room.

The panel show, hosted by Maddie Boden and Leena Rivas, combined three teams made up of the LGBTQ Social Society and Network, Fetish Society and the Women’s Committee as they battled it out to win the coveted title of Sexposé champions.

Image: Kate Mitchell

Image: Kate Mitchell

This year’s show was bigger than ever, and included people such as Sam Maguire, YUSU President, and Oleg Lisagor, Provost of Halifax Provost, being invited to read select passages from the 50 Shades of Grey series. The teams were encouraged to buzz in with any consent-based problems they found.

One round consisting of guessing the results of the latest Sexposé survey and the audience were encouraged to text in their sexts. This included highlights such as “Sam Maguire puts the stud in student union”.

A bin-bag drag race in which competitors had twenty minutes to construct an outfit using only binbags and three choice additions was left at the forefront of everyone’s minds when ‘Amanda Pegg’ bared all barring nipple tassels. The audience was on the edge of their seats as they observed some rather tense hula-hooping.

Image: Nouse

Image: Nouse

Sexposé always aims to tackle a campaign and this year it adopted the Women’s Committee’s current theme of lad culture by displaying a page of quotes from convicted rapists, lad magazines and Cosmo. The panellists were asked to identify which quotes came from the rapists but were unable to do so. Concerns were expressed about the worryingly similar rhetoric that these magazines use and the audience were urged to fight back against this.

Image: Kate Mitchell

Image: Kate Mitchell

The survey results were as revealing as ever. The questions ranged from ‘Do you consider yourself kinky?’ to ‘Have you had a one night stand whilst at university?’ and were answered by over a thousand participants.

Interestingly, 48 per cent of participants admitted to having tried something kinky once, 13 said that they were totally kinky and only 12 per cent stated that they had never been kinky.

Just over 40 per cent of respondents admitted to having one night stands whilst at university. However, 49 per cent of participants admitting to never had having an STD check, with only 2% having used the on campus MESMAC service.

Sixty-one per cent of participants stated that they were happy with their current sex life.

1. 16 Feb ’15 at 1:48 pm

Sam Maguire Fan Club

Such a stud xx #Irish4Prez #pleasestay