York film makes into Huffington Post top ten

The Knife That Killed Me was described by the website as ‘wonderfully inventive’

A York feature film has been named as one of the top ten films of 2014 by The Huffington Post.

the knife that killed me 02

The Knife that Killed Me ranked number ten in the list, which described it as a ”wonderfully inventive hard-hitting British drama”.

Adapted from the book of the same name by Anthony McGowan, the film premiered on 15 July during a multi-platform live event following a successful Kickstarter campaign which raised
£20,094.

The film has also been officially selected for both the London Independent Film Festival and the Nantes British Film Festival, and been entered into the Internation Rome Film Festival.
Roger Crow called it ”easily one of the best films of the year” in a review for The Huffington Post. However, The Guardian stated its “laudable aims and impressive, highly stylised visual effects are undermined by painfully weak acting” and awarded the film just two stars.

The film is the product of a partnership between the University and commercial film producers Green Screen Productions, specialists in computer generated imagery.
The post-production work was completed at Heslington Studios, a commercial venture of the Department of Theatre, Film and Television. Gavin Kearney, a York lecturer in Sound Design, oversaw audio post-production.