What Your Hat Says About You

puts a fun twist on some of this season’s must-have headwear

I’m sure a lot of us will be keeping our noggins cosy this season, but have you ever stopped to wonder what your choice of headwear says about you?

Fedora

Photo credit: www.asos.com

Photo credit: www.asos.com

A beautiful hat and very on trend – you clearly are a true fashionista. Your hair will no doubt be immaculately coiffed, and your clothes perfectly colour-coordinated. A wide-brimmed felt number says: “I have style, sophistication, a fashion blog, a hat which may or may not give me difficulty getting through doorways and quite possibly a pooch in my handbag”.

Beret

Photo credit: James Hostford

Photo credit: James Hostford

This season you will probably be teaming your beret with your best black turtle neck and an existential crisis. No mince pies for you then, you’ll be too busy lurking in a dark corner of a spoken word event, reading Camus, and sighing deeply into your strong black coffee.

Hunting Hat

Photo credit: www.prettylittlething.com

Photo credit: www.prettylittlething.com

You are either:
a) A hunter.
b) A thrill seeker. You know that variety is the spice of life, and the daily choice of ‘flaps up or flaps down’ gives you more than a little tingle.

Beanie

Photo credit: www.fashion.telegraph.co.uk

What your beanie says about you is totally dependent on how you wear it. Teamed with a denim jacket and an organic-yet-ironic tee, this look screams hipster. If worn pushed back with the hat hanging down the back of your neck, you are probably a sensitive singer-songwriter trying to find yourself. Alternatively, you can wear your beanie high on the top of the head with 80% of the hat unfilled and your ears exposed. This look says either, “my hat serves as a secret storage space for muffins and other keepsakes” or “I need help passing the height restrictions for this rollercoaster”.