York Sport Union strip for charity calendar

A number of York Sport societies have come together to create a naked calendar

A charity naked calendar produced by York Sport Union is now available to order online. The 2015 calendar features contributions from sports teams at the University, with all proceeds going to RAG.

According to York Sport, the calendar will “promote the diversity of sports… at York” and “showcase the range of equally strong and beautiful athletic body shapes that come with playing these sports”.

Image: Nouse

Image: Nouse

The university clubs featured in the calendar include football, women’s rugby, golf and YuSnow. Team members will be naked in the photographs, covered only by their respective sports equipment.

The naked calendar aims to include a broad selection of sports clubs at the University. Each month will show a different sport and as many as the photographs as possible will be action shots.

Grace Clarke, York Sport Tournament Secretary, told Nouse: “We would really like to use this calendar to increase the awareness of the lesser known sports in the York Sport Union as well as gaining the support of the bigger clubs.”

Cass Brown, York Sport President, had positive things to say about the calendar. She said: “One of the York Sport Committee’s goals for this year is raising more money for charity than ever before and Sasha, the Events and Fundraising Officer, is hugely keen to make this happen.”

She continued: “The committee decided to create the York Sport Union naked calendar in the hope that it will raise lots of money for RAG. We’ve seen some extremely successful university sports club naked calendars. For example, the Warwick Rowers raised in excess of £300,000. If we can share in just a little bit of the same success, we’ll be over the moon.”

Georgia Paton, Volunteering Officer, told Nouse: “York Sport’s naked calendar is an exciting new addition to the Sport/RAG relationship at York, and shows off how easy and fun it is for everyone to get involved in fundraising.”The calendar costs £7.50 on pre-sale and can be bought on the YUSU website until Sunday. Physical copies will be sold in Week 10.