A Winter Wonderland

Sumptuous suedes, luxurious faux-furs and tasteful tweed characterise our winter-inspired shoot

Set against the beautifully archaic backdrop of York’s abbey ruins and the world renowned architecture of the Minster, this edition’s shoot is inspired by crisp winter mornings, elegant evenings out and the glorious landscape of York’s historic city centre. It incorporates an array of one-off pieces of vintage clothing and experiments with textures of suede, velvet and fur.

For the girls, rich chocolate browns contrast and complement lighter fawns and ooze class. Tartan is an absolute must-have this season; we’ve toned it down by drawing out the print’s paler tones with those of our model’s headwear. A beret this winter provides the perfect Parisian alternative to the less sophisticated woollen hat. For a more formal occasion, think luxurious faux-fur shawls, velvet dresses and delicate jewellery.

A timeless tweed jacket and burgundy brogues characterise the men’s formal look this winter. Jeans are kept slim-fitted and complement the darker tones of the jacket. For daywear, we layer a corduroy navy shirt with beige braces and a Christmassy jumper. Heavy suede sheepskin coats are the ultimate statement vintage piece for men to wear this season.

All clothing and garments courtesy of Bowler Vintage York.
Black court shoes and necklace: model’s own.

Fashion Editor and Creative Director: Beki Elmer.
Photographer: James Hostford
Models: Emily Shane & Jordan Bonner
Makeup: Sarah Martin
Assistants: Grace Howarth, Zohra Khan, Andrew Ang, Deborah Lam, Raymond Wong & Shahreen Vacha.