Album Review: The Script – No Sound Without Silence

reviews the Script’s fourth album

nosoundWhilst not as good as their previous albums, the band’s album is enjoyable for an avid fan.

The band who brought us the hit songs “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved” and “For The First Time” released their fourth album “No Sound Without Silence” last month.  The band consists of singer-songwriter Danny O’Donoghue, vocalist/ guitarist Mark Sheehan and drummer Glen Power. The band achieved unprecedented success with their first three albums, all of which peaked at number one in Ireland and the UK.

Even though No Sound Without Silence peaked at number one in the UK, critics have given it mixed reviews.  I personally don’t understand why.  The songs are catchy and will have listeners singing and dancing along to them.

The album’s first single “Superheroes” was released back in mid-July and follows the Script’s formula of catchy vocals and a great melody that made the band famous in the first place. Other up-lifting songs include “Hail Rain or Sunshine” and “Paint The Town Green”. The latter of which goes back to the band’s Irish roots with references of “Paddy’s Day” and “life you had in Dublin.”

The band shows their softer and romantic side with “Never Seen Anything Quite Like You”. The song summarizes what every woman wants to hear.  Some of the lyrics include “I’m blessed as a man to have seen you in white but I’ve never seen anything quite like you tonight.” Another ballad on the album is “Flares”, which is beautiful and haunting.

Overall, despite not being as strong as their other work, No Sound Without Silence is still enjoyable. O’Donoughe’s vocals shine and with the combination of the catchy and memorable melodies, make it a must-have for any fan.