Halifax triumph in One Day Ultimate Frisbee Tournament

Halifax College won the first One Day Tournament of the year, beating five other colleges in the ultimate frisbee tournament

Image: James Hostford

Image: James Hostford

The first inter-college One Day Tournament of the year kicked with ultimate frisbee. The tournament was played on 22 Acres last Sunday morning with six colleges being represented. Halifax stole the show, winning the tournament with a total of fifteen points. James College came a close second with ten points with Vanbrugh finishing in third place, narrowly missing out on second by one point, finishing on a total of nine.

Speaking about the success of the tournament, Mel Turner, College Sport Officer, told Nouse, “The first One Day Tournament is always exciting as it gives us a bit of a taste of what is to come for the whole year. Halifax put in a brilliant performance taking wins in all of their matches. Saying this, there were some extremely strong performances from all of the sides and it was hard to pick out an obvious winner from the off.

“There were great battles being fought in all of the games with college spirit shining through throughout. In light of today, we are thoroughly looking forward to all of the upcoming tournaments, all of the colleges will no doubt be coming back fighting to take the next top spot.”