Nominations open for Good Landlord Awards

Categories include Best Quality Property and Most Responsive Landlord

Nominations have opened for the first Good Landlord Awards, which are the result of a collaboration between YUSU and York St John’s Students’ Union, to recognise excellent landlords and agents.

Good Landlord Awards Logo 400X305px

Both YUSU and the York St. John Students’ Union have been involved with the creation and running of the event, and the award categories include Best Value For Money, Most Responsive Landlord and Best Quality Property.

The two awards for Landlord of the Year are being sponsored by the York Residential Landlords Association, while YorProperty Accreditation Services are sponsoring the award for Outstanding Service.

Shortlisted landlords and agents will be invited to an awards ceremony on 4 November where they will be rewarded for their service to students with an evening of food, wine and entertainment.

The event will also be attended by the Lord Mayor, council members and student representatives.

The Good Landlord Awards are related to York Housing Week, which is run by the council every year for communities to engage with property matters in York.

Nominations close on 10 October and can be on made on the Student Community Partnership website, where a full list of categories is also available.