New Derwent College Provost revealed

Dr Eleanor Brown officially started the role at the start of this month

The new Provost of Derwent College has been announced as Dr Eleanor Brown, a Research Officer from the Department of Education.

Eleanor Brown

Dr Brown officially took up the role on 1 August, replacing Dr Rob Aitken, who is now the Constantine College Principal. She is expected to move into the Provost’s Office by the end of this month.

Dr Brown completed her first degree in Natural Sciences at Durham University before attaining a Cambridge University Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) and going on to teach English in Costa Rica and Spain. She has also studied at the University of Nottingham.

Derwent students were informed of her appointment as College Provost in an email sent earlier today by Dr Aitken, in which he said she has “great plans” for the College and is “working closely with the JCRC and college staff on Freshers week as well as new initiatives such as the Derwent College Global Community”.

Dr Aitken finished the email by saying: “I am sure that you will all support Eleanor in her tenure as Provost as you have supported me in the past few years. I hope that you will also invite me back to some events in Derwent in future.”