Fashion City York – Saturday round up

Yesterday saw Fashion Rocking across the city. Fashion City York couldn’t have fallen on a better weekend. Spectators sat in the sun as a variety of models of all ages used Coppergate shopping centre as a circular catwalk, showcasing the best in this year’s summer formal fashions. Turquoise and cream were the buzzwords of the Fenwick’s shows with structured cut dresses and tailored trousers – which would be perfect for a wedding – giving the soft pastels an edge. Later on saw clothes from ARK, Topshop, Miss Selfridge and Topman all showcased by younger models who were also involved in flashmobs and commentated catwalks. This meant viewers could watch the show, then walk a few yards into the relevant shop and purchase whichever item caught their eye.

I retreated into Fenwicks to cool off, and found a variety of refreshments next to the Mulberry bag (which is to be won by one lucky contestant) including chilled champagne. With shows staged at regular intervals over the weekend and with free makeovers and discount buckets to dig through, this Fenwicks and Coppergate weekend is more than worth a visit.

With the glorious summer weather shining come in today and get yourself a free manicure, makeover, new dress or even try your luck at securing that mulberry! image

image

image