Spring shoe parade : the Mule vs the Slingback

Spring is finally upon us, and the beautiful spring sunshine is a perfect excuse for updating your wardrobe with some fabulous new shoes! It’s time to say goodbye to those trusty winter boots and indulge in some of spring’s hottest new footwear, to show off that brand new (and long anticipated) pedicure. From the mule to the flatform, there’s sure to be a shoe to suit every style and budget this season.

The Mule

Our pick- These white open toe mules from Topshop, £65
ssmule

The mule has undergone a fabulous revival, making it this season’s hottest and most stylish shoe. It might have a slightly hefty price tag but this white mule (spring’s colour of choice) is sure to go perfectly with everything in your wardrobe, making it an incredibly worthwhile investment. The metallic toe detail adds a touch of sparkle, whilst the chunky heel means you can wear them throughout the day, without getting (too) sore feet.

The Slingback

Our pick- These pink with metallic toe kitten heels from Miss Selfridge, £39
ssslingback

Show off with these sexy slingbacks from Miss Selfridge. It’s time to move away from the darker winter palette and inject some much needed colour into your wardrobe, and what better way than with these gorgeous coral stilettos. This shoe oozes glamour with the metal tip and heel, making it perfect for nights on the town. The compliments you will undoubtedly receive will definitely make you glad of the purchase.

The Flatform

Our pick- These black sandal flatforms from Asos, £28
ssflatform

Back from the ‘90s, the flatform is a brilliant alternative to the platform. Seen on every style of shoe from the trainer to the espadrille, this sandal version is perfect for the spring sunshine. The classic black colour means it can be teamed with any number of outfits, from a pastel dress to a leather mini, making it the perfect foot accessory to take you through the next few months.

The Ankle Cuff

Our pick- These blue sandals with metallic ankle strap from Zara, £29.99
sscuff

This season, it’s all about the ankles, and this shoe can pride itself on being the ideal ankle accessory. The bold metallic strap combined with its electric blue colour makes this the perfect statement shoe, something which every girl needs in their collection. The block heel is also on trend this spring, giving you two of this season’s hottest styles rolled into one. The side panel elevates this shoe from a Zara basic to a fashion statement, allowing you to stand out from the crowd.

The Barely There Sandal

Our pick- These white T-bar stiletto sandals from River Island, £45
sstbar

Another style staple this season has to be the barely there sandal. The stiletto heel will add sexiness to any outfit, whilst the t-bar front is practical and will detract from your otherwise pale (post winter) feet. This offering from River Island is ideal for those classy nights out, adding the right amount of glamour and sophistication. The price may have you sacrificing two nights out for this fabulous shoe, but I think you’ll agree it’s worth it.