Live Preview: Andy Jordan

As Made in Chelsea fever builds for the start of the new series, previews Andy Jordan’s gig at the Duchess

mic

Following the launch of a successful sold-out tour in December, Andy Jordan will be pleasing fans York-wide at his premier performance in the Duchess, later this year. You’ve seen him first on the silver screen entering into the world of ‘Made in Chelsea’ during its fourth series and he has since captured our hearts and built up a strong fan base, presumably swooning over his hair (or nostrils). Not only is Andy Jordan a reality TV star, a London broker and a talented musician, he’s also the face of recently created ‘Jam Industries’, a city-based surfing clothes brand.

andy jordan tour

2013 was an exciting time for Andy Jordan, with the release of his two debut indie singles ‘Whole Lot of Water’ and ‘We Don’t Care’ in October. Both tracks are extremely similar, with comparable guitar chords strummed in a minor key, but have seen moderate success, considering the little backing he received. ‘Whole Lot of Water’ is the more upbeat of the two releases, and captures the singer’s uncertainty with catchy lyrics and a fast-paced rhythm. ‘We Don’t Care’ was released shortly afterwards as a powerful love ballad, and showcases Andy’s vocals over simple acoustic sounds. His music is perfect for a chilled out summer evening, so it seems fitting that he’s visiting the Duchess in June. Personally, I’m excited to see what this star-in-the-making has to offer, and hopefully more dynamic tracks will be released ahead of his 19-date tour. Andy Jordan is used to playing intimate gigs, as seen on MiC, so an experience with the live acoustics is not to be missed. Tickets are available for a modest £8, so get them now before they sell out.

‘Made in Chelsea’ begins again on Monday 7th April and Andy Jordan will be playing in the Duchess on Monday 23rd June.

1. A modest £8? There’s a lot more interesting stuff at the end of term (Project-D)