The Hotlist: March Edition

marchhotlist

Spring is finally upon us (at least it feels that way in York), the blossom is out and so are many pairs of legs. Now I’m as yet undecided about when in the year it is acceptable to start going bare legged, especially when the fact that there is sun does not necessarily mean it is warm! But I think mid to end of March is probably ok, as long as it’s hot not just lukewarm. The hotlist this month is all about the accessory, just a little something to liven up an outfit, taking you seamlessly from winter to spring.

Tunic, £30, Topshop.com

This stripey tee/dress (aka tunic) is the perfect transitional piece for spring. Wear with tights and a cosy jumper or get your legs out and pair with a chunky scarf to stave off that last chill in the air. Needless to say the Breton stripe is a wardrobe essential and the perfect way to wear print if you are like me and a little apprehensive of too much colour.

Blusher, £15, maccosmetics.co.uk

Blusher is the number one make-up essential for spring in my opinion. With your face still retaining the pasty-ness of winter, this MAC blusher is the answer to all your problems. Sweep over your cheeks for a healthy glow that will fool anyone into thinking that’s your natural look.

Belt, £19, Topshop.com

Belts were ‘the’ accessory of February’s fashion week, both on and off the catwalk. Coats were worn tightly belted and no pair of boyfriend jeans was left without one. the beauty of Spring means you can rock this studded number in either way.

Sunglasses, £20, asos.com

Mirrored lenses are all the range this summer and the clear frames can top off any outfit. This pair by AJ Morgan Hollywood are a little bit quirky but still very chic, just what every accessory should be.

Fedora, £18, zara.com/uk

A fedora is the only hat to wear on your head this year. And in a gorgeous pale grey shade, this one from Zara is practically perfect. Use it to protect yourself from either rain and shine whilst still looking ever so glam, we love a bit of multifunction.

Clutch, £36, shop.samudra11.com

The clutches from this Australian brand, Samudra, have the most amazing prints and are the best way to jazz up an outfit. Choose from an extensive range from this coconut version, to a neon palm tree printed bag. The choice is yours but you can be guaranteed that they will make you want to run to the beach.

Salt spray, £7, boots.com

As every good girl knows hair should be brushed morning and night. But there’s no harm in faking it right?! This salt spray from Toni&Guy is honestly the most amazing product because, take my word for it, it actually works. An incredible hair solution that does not lie. Try it and see for yourself.

Bracelets, £15, zara.com/uk

I always think wrists look best when they’re layered with bracelets and these two would make a good addition to anyone’s jewellery collection. With the heavy detail but polished finish, wear them stacked or solo, it doesn’t really matter.

Trainers, £65, office.co.uk

So thank you to those who decide the trends because the trainer is here to stay for 2014. I feel it may be the year that Adidas sneaks up on Nike to claim the title for most coveted trainer. This style is the Gazelle and it’s faultless. Sleek, suede and oh so comfy, I think that these might just be my next purchase. Join me why don’t you.